Cluster: Architecture and Construction
State Qualifying Event: Not Required
Level: State Only Competition
Competition Type: Skilled and Technical
The world of 3D is rapidly expanding, and career opportunities exist in a wide range of fields, including architecture, games, product and industrial design, civil engineering, and film and television animation. This competition allows students to step into a real-world 3D production environment where creative output must be accomplished within specific timeframes, resources and design constraints. This is a two-person team event and includes a preliminary written exam. Competitors must produce high quality images and an animated short subject using 3D computer-generated images. Students are evaluated on their technical knowledge, production skills and creative abilities, including visual development and storyboarding. Competitors can also interface with and get feedback from high-profile judges with successful careers in 3D visualization and animation.
The career competitions of the SkillsUSA Washington Championships follow the current edition of the SkillsUSA Technical Standards. These are available to professional members (advisors and teachers) as a membership benefit following their submission of membership.
- Mandatory for student and advisor. Deadline December 20 or before competitions.
- $ 20.00 Per Student & $ 30.00 Per Adviser. One Time payment Per School Year Membership.
14001 SkillsUSA Way, Leesburg, VA 20176
- Register at www.skillsusa.org.
- Payable To: SkillsUSA
- Mail To: SkillsUSA Inc.
- Membership Dues Deadline: December 20
- Regional Competitions: You must compete in a regional competition to attend SkillsUSA Washington State Leadership and Skills Conference.