The 2021 State Skills Conference is April 19 - April 23, 2021
All competitions will start April 19th at 9 AM and the cut-off time is April 22nd at 4 PM. This means all competitors will be able to review and enter their competitions anytime between April 19th at 9 AM to April 22nd at 4 PM.
If the prompt requires a video submission you will need to upload the video to a service like YouTube or Vimeo. The requirement is to just have a video link that you can submit and not require a password to view it.
All prompts will be in the SkillsUSA LMS (Learning Management System) system for each competition. Competitors will receive a SkillsUSA Championships Hub enrollment email from SkillsUSA. Once you login you will be able to access it at 9 AM on Monday the 19th. All submission details will be listed for each competition. You may call SkillsUSA Customer Care Team at 844-875-4557 for assistance.
All judging will take place after all submissions have been entered.
Everyone will need to login into the SkillsUSA LMS system to take the professional test and submit their resume. This includes competitions with only 1 school competing.
Contest Specific Information:
Quizbowl will be held on April 20th at 3 PM
Job Interview will be held on April 22nd starting at 3 PM. Time slots will be posted on April 19th on this page. Time slots will be assigned
If your contest was not listed here then all information will be released in the SkillsUSA LMS system on April 19th at 9 AM.
For questions, issues, or comments, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
What time will my competition be and how long do I have?
- Everyone will get access from 9 AM on the 19th to start the competition and everything will need to be completed by 4 PM on the 22nd.
Can I see the prompt before the start date?
- Unfortunately no. To keep this a level playing field we have to keep all materials private until the start time.
As an advisor how will I know what my students need to work on?
- You can view the prompt and requirements when your students log in.
Where do I take the professional test and turn in my resume?
- You take the test and upload your resume in the SkillsUSA Learning Management System. Make sure you upload your resume for each competition you compete in. But you only have to take the professional test one time.
As an advisor how will I proctor the competition?
- We understand that you have different time frames with your students and not everyone will be able to be in person for this state conference. With that being said we ask all advisors to follow the Fair Play Pledge.
How do I access the SkillsUSA Hub and LMS?
- Competitors will receive a SkillsUSA Championships Hub enrollment email from SkillsUSA. Once you login you will be able to access it at 9 AM on Monday the 19th. All submission details will be listed for each competition. You may call SkillsUSA Customer Care Team at 844-875-4557 for assistance.