Cluster: Architecture and Construction
State Qualifying Event: Not Required
Level: State Only Competition
Competition Type: Skilled and Technical
This competition requires a team of three students to use their welding and fabrication skills to build a designed project from the provided material. The project is constructed by the competitors based on prints provided. Teams should be skilled in the following welding and cutting processes: SMAW, GTAW, GMAW, FCAW / OFC and PAC. The students are also required to be proficient in using common tools of a workshop.
The career competitions of the SkillsUSA Washington Championships follow the current edition of the SkillsUSA Technical Standards. These are available to professional members (advisors and teachers) as a membership benefit following their submission of membership.
- Mandatory for student and advisor. Deadline December 20 or before competitions.
- $ 20.00 Per Student & $ 30.00 Per Adviser. One Time payment Per School Year Membership.
14001 SkillsUSA Way, Leesburg, VA 20176
- Register at www.skillsusa.org.
- Payable To: SkillsUSA
- Mail To: SkillsUSA Inc.
- Membership Dues Deadline: December 20
- Regional Competitions: You must compete in a regional competition to attend SkillsUSA Washington State Leadership and Skills Conference.