Our Mission: SkillsUSA is a partnership of students, teachers and industry working together to ensure America has a skilled workforce. We help each student excel.
Membership for 2021-2022
- Current annual membership: 5,412 Washington HS & MS
- all 50 states plus Puerto Rico, Virgin Island and District of Columbia
- Average SkillsUSA Student membership: 314,510
- Average Teacher membership (SkillsUSA Professionals): 19,019
- Average SkillsUSA schools: 4,121 / 165+ Washington MS & HS
Partners: More than 650 business, industry and labor sponsors actively support SkillsUSA at the national level through financial aid, in-kind contributions, and involvement with SkillsUSA activities. Many work directly with state associations and local chapters.
Programs: SkillsUSA programs include local, state and national competitions in which students demonstrate occupational and leadership skills. SkillsUSA is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and is cited as a “successful model of employer-driven youth development training program” by the U.S. Department of Labor.