Our Mission: SkillsUSA is a partnership of students, teachers and industry working together to ensure America has a skilled workforce. We help each student excel.
Membership for 2019-2020
- Current annual membership: 434,141 / 3,337 Washington HS & MS
- all 50 states plus Puerto Rico, Virgin Island and District of Columbia
- Total student and teacher membership: 372,655
- Student members: 352,047
- Teacher members (SkillsUSA Professionals): 20,598
- SkillsUSA schools: 4,658 / 165 Washington MS & HS
Partners: More than 650 business, industry and labor sponsors actively support SkillsUSA at the national level through financial aid, in-kind contributions, and involvement with SkillsUSA activities. Many work directly with state associations and local chapters.
Programs: SkillsUSA programs include local, state and national competitions in which students demonstrate occupational and leadership skills. SkillsUSA is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and is cited as a “successful model of employer-driven youth development training program” by the U.S. Department of Labor.